Today’s lunch is last bit of the radish cake so I made another bath of chai tow kueh. Wanted to use up the beans sprouts too. No green onions today because i’ve already harvested all my green onions and they haven’t grown back yet. Washed down with Thai Milk Tea bubble tea. Taste so much better than store bought ones and is cheaper!
Making Creamy Turkey Tortilla Soup because I will be away this weekend so the family has food.
1) Press Sauté and put 1tbsp of oil/lard in the pot. When the display says HOT
2) Add one large diced onions or two small medium diced onions. Cook until the onions turns translucent.
3) Add 4-5 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds and press cancel on the pot.
4) Add a can of Rotel. This is Rotel because many people asked me what is Rotel. I got no salt added but you can buy the normal ones with salt if you want just adjust your seasoning when you make your soup.
5) Add about 2-3 cups of chopped organic carrots, 1 cup of organic corn (I use 3 cares of corn here),1 cup of organic red and yellow pepper and 1 can of rinsed black beans.
6) Next add 2-3 cups of chopped cooked turkey/rotisserie chicken. depends on how much meat you want in your soup. My kids don’t care for them if I add a lot of meat so I don’t add as much.
7) Pour chicken broth/stock (I made this before I started making my tortilla soup) until it reaches above the vegetables and a little more. this depends on how big of a batch you are making. Mine is quite a big batch. Add seasoning: 2 tsp of smoked paprika, pepper and salt to season, 1 tsp of oregano, 2 tsp heap of cumin, 1/4tsp of cayenne pepper and 2 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning.
8) Set Instant pot on manual high for 5 minutes and let it NR.
9) When is done mix 1/4 cup of flour with 4 cups of milk. Press the sauce button again and mix the flour milk mixture in the pot. If is too thick you can add a little more milk too. Saute until soup thicken. Add 2-4 cups of shredded cheese. Taste and season with more salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Turkey/Chicken creamy tortilla soup
1 large or 2 medium onions diced
4-5 cloves of minced garlic
3 cups chopped organic carrots
1 cup of organic corn
1 cup of red and yellow pepper
1 can of Rotel
1 can of black beans
2-3 cups of chopped turkey or chicken
5-6 cups of homemade chicken broth
4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of flour
2-3 cups of cheese
Salt and Pepper
2tsp of cumin
2tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cayenne pepper
2tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- Press sauté button on Instant Pot and add 1tbsp of oil/lard. When the pot indicate HOT add diced onions and sauté until translucent. Add chopped garlic and sauce for 30 seconds. Turn off pot
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT milk, flour, cheese and garnish
- Cover and cook manual high for 5 minutes and NR
- Mix milk and flour. Uncover pot and hit sauté button again. Add milk and flour mixture and cook till soup thickens. Add cheese, check seasoning and turn off sauté button.
- Scoop into individual bowls and garnish.